Use Surveyor Online
The demo uses real data and the actual interface to show you how Surveyor works and the types of outputs you get at different scales.
Learn the basics about the data you’ll get from Surveyor
NatureServe Surveyor is available on a subscription basis. Once a subscription is created, as many users within an organization may access it as you like. You can also create multiple subscriptions for your organization (e.g., one for each department or project). NatureServe Surveyor can also be accessed via web service
- Create a subscription
- Register as a Subscription Administrator—all this takes is basic information like your name, email address, and industry information.
- Create a subscription. Give your subscription a unique name.
- Once you’ve created your subscription, Surveyor provides a unique URL, through which Users access your subscription, and you (and any other Subscription Administrator(s) you designate) manage the subscription and Users’ access to it.
- Purchase surveys for your subscription. A “survey” represents a single use of the tool, in which a user enters an area and Surveyor returns the data (refer to Pricing and Terms).
- From My Subscriptions, select the subscription to which you want to add surveys; this takes you to the subscription’s dashboard. Click “Purchase Surveys.”
- Select the number of surveys you want to purchase.
- Provide credit card payment information
U.S. and Canadian federal agency subscribers: Contact us for pricing and invoicing options.
- Provide your subscription’s unique URL to anyone you want to be able to use your subscription to access the tool and conduct surveys
Access Your Subscription for the First Time
- Subscription Administrators
- Make sure you are logged in and go to your subscription's unique URL.
- Other Users
- Register—All this takes is basic information like your name, email address, and industry information.
- Log in and go to your subscription's unique URL
- “Join” or “Request Access” to the subscription the first time you go to access it. Some Subscription Administrators require their approval before users may login to their subscription the first time, which might result in a delay in your being able to access the tool under that subscription.
After that just log in and survey!
The NatureServe Surveyor web service allows maximum flexibility for seamlessly integrating the information from Surveyor directly into your existing databases and applications. This means that you can bypass the interface entirely—users can access the Surveyor information without ever leaving the comforts of their own familiar application interface.
All the same functionality exists—and the same pricing, terms, and conditions apply—whether your surveys are executed via the online map interface or as a call to the web service. Simply:
- Create a subscription and purchase surveys just as you would for a browser-based subscription. You’ll need to include the unique subscription URL provided in that process in your web-service code.
- Follow the steps and coding provided in the Web Services Integration section of the User Guide and Help to set up the web service
- Use Surveyor through your own application!